1. A non refundable application fee of UGX.50, 000 plus a bank charge of UGX.2, 500 should be paid to MAKERERE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL COLLECTION ACCOUNTS, using Makerere University Business School pay-in bankslips, to any Stanbic Bank branch, Account No. 9030005852438 or any Centenary bank branch, Account No. 2215100740 or any Barclays bank branch, Account No. 6002230737.
2. Application forms and other relevant information may be obtained from Makerere University Business School – School Registrar’s office, Block 5 or call 0414338140/120 or can be downloaded from our website www.mubs.ac.ug.
3. Use the programme codes when filling the application forms
4. Certificate holders should submit certified copies of transcripts.
5. Applicants who completed their studies from outside Uganda, should have their academic documents equated by the Uganda National Examinations Board.
6. Candidates who hold grades X, Y, Z, 7 and9 of ‘O’ level results should not apply because they are not eligible for admission
1. All Ordinary Diploma and Certificate programmes are offered during day.
2. The closing date for submitting the completed application forms will be Thursday July 31, 2014.
Warning: Applicants are strongly warned against presenting forged or other people’s academic documents to support their applications for admission. The consequences, if discovered are very grave indeed.
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
A. ORDINARY DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
a) Each applicant should have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 5 passes and the Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) with at least 1 principal pass and 2 subsidiary passes in principal subjects, obtained at the same sitting.
b) Certificate holders should have the Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 3 passes and hold a Certificate qualification from a recognized Institution.
c) Applicants with Professional Qualifications must have passed at least a half of Stage/Level One of the professional qualifications from a recognized institution with a Uganda Certificate in Education with at least three passes.
B: CERTIFICATE PROGRAMMES
Each applicant should have a Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with at least 3 passes obtained at the same sitting.
PROGRAMME OFFERED AT MUBS main campus
Diploma in Accounting and Finance
Diploma in Business Administration
Diploma in Human Resource Management
Diploma in Project Planning and Management
Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management
Diploma in Computer Science
Diploma in Business Computing
Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
Diploma in Hotel and Restaurant Business Management
Higher Diploma in Business Management
Diploma in Hospitality and Tourism Management
Diploma in Community Management
Certificate in Business Administration
Certificate in Entrepreneurship and Small Business
The functional fees payable per year for Ordinary Diploma and Certificate programmes are UGX 459,000 for Ugandans and US $ 498 for foreigners.
DR. ANNIE BEGUMISA
MAKERERE UNIVERSITY BUSINESS SCHOOL
OFFICE OF THE SCHOOL REGISTRAR
P. O. Box 1337 Kampala Tel: 256 – 414 – 338140/120/300 Fax: 256 – 414 – 505921 E-mail: email@example.com Website: www.mubs.ac.ug ANNOUNCEMENT FOR 2014/2015 ACADEMIC YEAR DIPLOMA ADMISSIONS AT MUBS MAIN CAMPUS